No More Late Fees On MMRLS Items – How Does it Work?
- When you check out an item, your receipt will show your due date, as usual.
- If you keep your MMRLS item past your due date, don’t worry! Just bring it back to the library when you can. You won’t be charged a late fee, ever.
- Guests will need to bring back overdue items before checking out additional items, or using other library services.
- If you keep an item for 35 days or more past your due date, your account will be charged the replacement cost of that item. When you bring the item back, your account will be cleared of these charges.
- Customers will still need to pay replacement costs for items that are lost or damaged.
- MMRLS customers who check out items owned by another library system through the Mississippi Library Partnership or Interlibrary Loan may still be charged late fees on those items depending on the policy of the owning library.
- Want more information? Contact us via email or visit/call your local branch location.
Additional Borrowing Information
- For the first month as a patron, you may borrow up to 4 items at a time on your card. After that, you’ll be able to borrow up to 15 items at a time
- Holds may be placed on up to 10 items at a time. Items placed on hold will be held for seven days
- Items can be checked out and returned at any one of our thirteen library branch locations
- DVDs and audiobooks cannot be returned in a book drop (though select MMRLS locations have separate multimedia drops to provide an outside return option for these items)
- Renewals are permitted on most items, unless another patron has a hold on that item
- User groups are created that include minor children and those signing responsibility for them. Responsible individuals must have their own library card account
- The fee to replace a lost library card is $2.00